Organisation development can be overlooked when an organisation’s focus is largely external. With so much encouragement for organisations to use social media, and when email internally is the prime means of communication, the value of personal interaction is frequently not appreciated, nor encouraged. Yet without people communicating clearly and working together to achieve the organisation’s strategy, you will not have an effective organisation.
- How are things travelling in your organisation?
- Do you have leadership or simply management?
- Do all employees understand the strategic direction? Is its core captured in a memorable visual ‘aide-memoire’ so that people are not dealing just with pages of well-crafted words?
- Have employees been given a set of the organisation’s financials and a briefing about the organisation’s opportunities and challenges?
- Do you celebrate success?
- How frequently does the CEO brief employees face to face, complemented by information in writing?
- Should it become clear that staff numbers will need to be reduced, will staff feel that the process for making the decision is objective?
- Why is one person being promoted and another not?
There can be many issues in play at a time.
forde advisory works with CEOs and senior management to ensure all aspects of an organisation work harmoniously and productively together. In our experience, there is insufficient attention given to organisation development.
forde advisory can assist the development of your organisation through specific activities related to change management. We can assess the appetite for change within your organisation and work with managers and their staff to embrace change as a positive experience. A changed workplace culture will be one where people fulfill their own goals as well as those of the organisation.
forde advisory is committed to workplaces which are highly effective because staff are creative, valued and enjoy coming to work. Having assistance from someone external to the organisation whose only goal is your success, is invaluable.